Join our team as a postdoctoral researcher!
We are looking for a post-doctoral researcher to join our team and project on international cyber security at the Institute of Security and Global Affairs, Leiden University.
We are an interdisciplinary program for the study of international cyber security, with an emphasis on cyber conflict ‘below the threshold’ and the role of emerging technologies. We study the development of international cyber conflict and the international governance thereof, more specifically: international law, norms, strategy and diplomacy. In the program, academic research goes hand in hand with active engagement with the global community of policy makers and other stakeholders in the field of international cyber security and diplomacy.
- Conduct independent and collaborative research in the field of international cyber security and conflict and the governance thereof, focusing on diplomacy, international law, norms and strategy;
- Disseminate research findings through high-ranking international blind peer review journals, books, whitepapers, conference presentations, policy reports, policy advise and (inter)national popular media;
- Organise academic conferences and workshops in close cooperation with the other members of the team and co-author policy papers on the basis of events organised by the program;
- Carry out and assist with other duties as determined by the program’s leadership;
- Represent the program at national and international events and engage in consultations with other stakeholders in the field of international cyber security and international norms.
- Teaching in the Bachelor Security Studies and other programmes (0,2 fte reserved for teaching)
- A PhD in international relations, politics, international law, public administration or another relevant discipline;
- Extensive knowledge of the field of international cyber security, with a solid track record of published research on this topic;
- A record of published peer-reviewed research;
- A multidisciplinary background, and experience with working in multi- or interdisciplinary teams;
- Relevant experience in organizing (academic) events for smaller and larger groups;
- Very good communication and presentation skills, and an excellent command of English;
- A ‘can do’ mentality and a team player spirit.
You can find more information about the complete job opening and the application procedure at the Leiden University website (deadline for applying is 9 May 2022).